For all membership enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEXT PKR CLUB MORNING at the yard 17TH SEPTEMBER – DON’T MISS IT!
OUR RACING CLUB BRINGS YOU CLOSE TO THE ACTION & LETS YOU ENJOY THE CLUB HORSES EVERY STEP OF THE WAY – FROM THEIR TRAINING AT HOME TO DAYS AT THE RACES. WE ENJOY KEEPING EVERYONE UP TO DATE VIA OUR DEDICATED PRIVATE FACEBOOK PAGE AND EMAIL
‘Our absolute aim, win lose or draw on the racetrack, is that you feel ‘part of our yard’ however far away you live – to give regular videos, audios, interviews and photos to provide ‘year round’ enjoyment – the excitement of racehorse ownership for an affordable outlay.
Watch the winning debut of PKR Club filly ’Green Oaks Top Cat’ – and she’s only gone and done it again at Sedgefield to make it to bumper runs from two starts!
A quote from one of our Owners:
‘Thank you Pippa, Sue & Team for all your hard work putting together this exciting new racing club. So happy to be part of it & I can honestly say that in all our years of being involved in racing/partnerships etc this club is the most informative/exciting. The whole Team is so friendly & the horses naturally are gorgeous. Many thanks for letting us be a small part of your amazing yard ‘ Sarah & Malcolm Yull, Owners in the PKR Club
Cost of Joining: the cost to join is £69.00 & you will now be our summer intake which will take you to summer 2023. Payment is currently via a bank transfer, although we are taking paypal payments shortly – Please email email@example.com for full details of how to join and pay.
This is our first venture into running a dedicated Racing Club, and we set our figure as low as possible, we hope that everyone continues to agree we provide excellent value for money with our horses, contact and accessibility to the yard.
Our Club is run by a small family committee of Trainer Phil Kirby, his wife Pippa Kirby & Club Coordinator , Sue Heath with help from our PKR office team Anna Dent & Sarah Olley.
Our postal address is our home yard ‘Green Oaks’ East Appleton, Richmond, North York’s DL107QE & for all enquiries the email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have read all about it please email Sue (with no obligation) to receive the official details of how to join and an option to have the welcome pack sent as a gift if required.
What are the benefits of joining?
*Club Ownership of at least 2 horses during each 12 month term (we currently have 3)
THE CLUB HORSES
BILLIAN – NEW TO THE CLUB FOR SUMMER 2022, Billian is a 4 year old gelding by Mehmas x Truly Magnificent. He has won 1 race to date and was 3rd at Catterick in May, he was 4th on his latest start at Catterick in July , his second start for the Club and we think he can build on this next time out. He runs in the PKR green and yellow colours . Billian will remain running for the Club if he can continue to be competitive and we hope he can continue give Members lots of fun and some good days out. His latest video…
MARTALINDY – 5 year old National Hunt mare by top French stallion Martaline out of 130 rated 5 x jumps winner, Helen Wood. Martalindy is a tall, quality homebred 16.2hh bay mare who has been carefully produced by Phil with a long term career in mind. A close 3rd on her debut 30/10/2021 She runs in the newly registered club LILAC & PURPLE colours. She made a highly promising hurdling debut 3/5/2022 and looked a likely 2nd when being brought down at the last. She is ok and will return to action next Autumn.
GREEN OAKS TOP CAT – DUAL WINNER! 5 year old National Hunt mare by exciting young Irish stallion ‘Soldier of Fortune’ out of bumper winning mare, ‘Molly Cat’. Molly as she is known, is a 16.1hh chestnut mare with a kind nature in the stable but a bit of sass on the gallops! She has delighted us all by winning on her debut at Musselburgh on 25/4/2022 and doubling up at Sedgefield 3/5/2022. She looks every inch a future hurdler and chaser & she runs in the original Club GREEN & YELLOW colours. Will return to action in early October.
*All joiners receive a posted welcome or re- joining pack to the joiner ( or to the recipient if its for a gift) . This contains a welcome letter, a large colour photo of the 2 Club horses, their pedigree pages & a PKR yard brochure. slightly different for re- joiners…a nice surprise!
* A regular yard newsletter by email.
*Access to a private Facebook page called ‘The Philip Kirby Racing Club’ – this is regularly updated throughout the week with photos, videos, work plans – anything we feel is of interest regards the club horse plus other stable news. We strongly recommend joining Facebook to enjoy the full experience, even if it’s just to access this page ( and our main PKR page) and nothing else. You are ‘accepted’ once you have confirmed membership.
* A weekly email containing photos, videos & news regarding the club horse’s progress or race plans. There will be entries, declarations & informative audios from Phil the night before the race, plus a full report of how he or she has ran afterwards. We recently interviewed Joe Williamson, Conditional jockey & regular rider of ‘Molly’ & it featured on the club fb page.
* Raceday Owner badges – We have come to what we feel is a fair alteration to the Owners Race day Badge rule. We have had many messages over the past 12 months suggesting that we shouldn’t be giving away 2 owners badges per single Club membership , and therefore limiting the amount of actual PKR Club members experiencing the Ownership raceday benefits. However, we are very conscious that the majority have a husband/ wife/ partner / family member that you enjoy going racing with, and for many people they could not or would not want to go alone. This is why we always wanted to make it a pair of badges won in the draw, as it doesn’t seem fair that one person enjoys the owners and trainers restaurant and the other one has to sit outside in the cold! The same applies for entering the paddock before the race.
We have come to a decision that we will still draw in pairs, unles we draw a single person ( and that’s fine, we would keep drawing at the end to get another single as it’s usually an even number of badges given by tracks) but in the event of a pair of badges requested, your partner will only be able to have the extra badge if THEY ARE A CLUB MEMBER TOO. Therefore when you request a badge in the live Facebook draw, please email Sue with your request of 1 or 2 badges applying for, and if it’s for 2, the name of the second club member that would be accompanying you to the races as an Owner.
We may be unique in offering this pair of badges benefit, but we feel it is the fairest route to take and hope that you all agree.
Finally, this does not affect your invitation to bring a friend or family member with you to one of our open days, although we ask to limit this to one person if at all possible for space available.
* There will be a club representative to meet you at the races and join you in the paddock. This will be Phil, Pippa, Sue or a senior member of our team.
*Photographers links sent by email in the event of a win 🤞🏻
* If she / he wins , the trophy and any champagne / framed photo prizes at the track will be distributed between her Owners present on a quick draw after the prizegiving.
* Two yearly Club mornings at the yard – Our club days in 2022 will be Summer & early Autumn. You are welcome to bring a guest and will be able to meet our team, fellow Owners, watch the club horses on the gallops, enjoy the trade stands, socialise and enjoy an informal morning watching the other horses at exercise, in the stables, and see our mares, foals & youngstock in the fields. We are easy to get to – less than 5 minutes off the A1 near Catterick in North Yorkshire, 15 minutes from historic Richmond, and right in the heart of North Yorkshire with the Dales on one side just 40 mins away and to the other side an hour to the North Yorkshire Moors & Whitby. We can recommend plenty of places to stay if you wish to make it an overnight or weekend visit . What a great excuse for a racing break!
We have been overwhelned with the feel-good response from our new Owners so far, and have copied some of the lovely messages off the fb page. Hopefully this will give you a taste of what it is like to be involved. Remember you can be a ‘silent’ fb follower or comment as you wish.
What isn’t included when you become a PKR Club member….
A share of prizemoney
A share of horse proceeds if sold as a top level racehorse or broodmare (we do not sell our retired ex racers on) . If for example one of our fillies won the Champion Hurdle ! (well we can dream) then maybe as a family decision we may need to sell them as a broodmare once finished racing…A very nice but also unlikely scenario that we likely won’t have to worry about! Those of you who know us at PKR know that we rarely sell any of our own horses, we prefer to bred them and race them ourselves and ultimately find them permanent homes. This policy just covers all eventualities in the event that we end up with a Dawn Run.
PKR CLUB MERCHANDISE