Philip Kirby Racing

Racehorse Trainer based at Richmond, North Yorkshire

Thursday…no racing again!

Todays racing has yet again been called off, but for a very different reason to the weather. Unfortunately late last night the BHA issued a statement that all racing has been postponed for today due to an outbreak of equine flu in a yard who had been running the horses concerned before it came to light. As yet it only concerns the one yard, and it will hopefully not spread now it has been discovered. It is yet to be announced if racing will be on tomorrow anywhere or if there will be a period of no racing to eradicate contamination at the courses concerned with the infected runners. Obviously this is frustrating for us following the limited racing so far with the weather over the past week, however we need to be sure we wont be putting any other horses at risk.

If racing is on tomorrow we should have Bahkit and Man Of Verve at Newcastle AW. Also we have an exciting entry for Little Bruce in the Edinburgh National at Musselburgh on Sunday – 4 miles of endurance with Tommy Dowson on board!


Little Bruce & Tommy loving their day out hunting!

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: