Goffs sale at DONCASTER next week
ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR …
Phil will be attending the May sales all 3 days at Doncaster next week (tues, weds thurs) and there is a top class selection of 3 year old stores on the Tuesday followed by Horses in Training and winning Pointers on the Weds & Thurs. (Also large store catalogues coming up at Goffs in Ireland and Tatts Ire next month, The Landrover Sale and Derby Sales)
To view the Doncaster cataloges please click the http links:
The store sale of 3 year olds ready to break in and run as 4/5 year olds Ladrover Sale and
(This includes L0t no. 117 the 3 year old gelding out of bumper, hurdle and chase winning dam ‘Pickworth’ by Shirocco offerred from Green Oaks – link to the page: http://www.goffsuk.com/sales-results/sales/spring-hit-store-sale-2017/117
The Horses in Training and winning point to pointers:
This is Doncasters news report of the entries…
The world’s largest and best supported NH end of season sale, the 2017 Goffs UK Spring Horses-in-Training/Point-to-Point Sale at Doncaster (24 – 25 May), will offer the largest catalogue in recent years with 436 Horses-in-Training entered including over 150 Irish and UK Pointers.
Goffs UK Horses-in-Training Sales have had a strong year on the track with March’s Cheltenham Festival seeing four HIT graduates win top level races; LABAIK (Gr.1 Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), TIGER ROLL (Gr.2 NH Challenge Cup), UN TEMPS POUR TOUT (Gr.3 Ultima Handicap Chase) and SUPASUNDAE (Gr.3 Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle).
Held the two days following the Spring Store Sale, the Spring HIT Sale will start on Wednesday 24 May at 11am offering Point-to-Pointers, the annual Million In Mind Dispersal, Bumper horses and Horses-in-Training. Another highlight on Wednesday will be the Select Session, which will be held at the end of the day and will offer Pointers/Bumper horses with recent form. Supplementary entries are being taken for the session and will be added online as they come in. Some of the session’s current highlights include:
- Lot 413, Donnchadh Doyle’s PETERBOROUGH, winner of his debut Point-to-Point at Curraghmore on 16 April.
- 414, Oaks Farm Stables’ SETTIE HILL, a half-brother to the Gr.2 winner TOAST OF NEW YORK who won his debut Bumper at Market Rasen on 27 April.
- 416, Donnchadh Doyle’s MELLOW BEN who placed on his debut Point-to-Point at Loughrea on 30 April.
- 417, Eoin Doyle’s COMMODORE BARRY, a Presenting half-brother to the Gr.1 winner GLENCOVE MARINA who placed second on his most recent Point-to-Point at Dawstown on 1 May.
- 418, Brian Eckley’s JAUNTY FLYER, a half-brother to the Listed winner JAUNTY FLIGHT who won a maiden Bumper on his most recent start at Exeter on 26 April.
- 419, Michael Goff’s CHEER’S DELBOY who placed on his most recent Point-to-Point at Curraghmore on 16 April.
- 421, Tom Lacey’s SWORD OF FATE, winner of the Goffs UK Spring Sale P2P Bumper on his most recent start at Exeter on 26 April.
- 422, Donnchadh Doyle’s DJARKEVI, winner of a maiden Point-to-Point on his most recent start at Grennan on 7 May.
- 423, Kenneth Budds’ SUDDEN DESTINATION, placed in a Point-to-Point two starts ago at Inch before placing on his debut Bumper at Ballinrobe on 2 May.
- 424, Donnchadh Doyle’s DON DES FOSSES, winner of his debut Point-to-Point at Dawstown on 1 May.
- 425, John Nicholson’s FORT MONTAGU, winner of his debut Bumper at Tramore on 10 April.
- 427, Denis Murphy’s SWEET AS CANDY, winner of his debut Point-to-Point at Lisronagh on 29 April.
- 428, Colin McKeever’s FLEMINPORT who placed second on his most recent Point-to-Point at Broughshane on 29 April.
Other highlights in the Goffs UK Spring HIT/P2P Sale include:
- Six horses from the Million In Mind Partnership including Lot 306, CONTRE TOUS, who has won two of his four Chase starts to date with both wins coming this year. A half-brother to the Stakes placed Ballotin and Envole Toi, he is Chase rated 125.
- 331, HAMMERSLY LAKE, a dual winner over Fences including his last start at Huntingdon and is Gr.2 placed. Chase rated 138 and Hurdle rated 142.
- 336, VANITEUX, winner of four Chase starts including the Gr.3 Lightning Novice Chase and a Listed Chase at Ayr two starts ago. Placed on his most recent start in the Gr.1 Celebration Chase at Sandown. Chase rated 158.
- 373, SPACE SAFARI, winner of his maiden Point-to-Point by 16-lengths at Dingley on 7 May.
- 535, POSTBRIDGE, placed in all three of her Bumpers and has since won two of her five starts over Hurdles with a further two placings. Hurdle rated 117.
- 561, CAID DU BERLAIS, a Hurdle and Chase winner who won the Gr.3 Gold Cup Chase at Cheltenham. Chase and Hurdle rated 143.
- 579, CHARMIX, a winner over Fences and Hurdles who placed in a Gr.2 Novice Chase two starts ago. Chase rated 140.
- 636, PETER THE MAYO MAN, winner of three of his eight Hurdle starts and placed in a Gr.2 Novice Hurdle two starts ago. Hurdle rated 137.
- 655, GRIS DE PRON, a half-brother to the Gr.3 placed Bulkov and the winner of two of his three starts over Hurdles. Hurdle rated 120.
- 687, GRENDISAR, a horse by Invincible Spirit who has won ten of his career starts on the Flat, four of those coming at Stakes level including the Gr.3 Winter Derby Stakes. Flat rated 107.
Goffs UK Managing Director Tony Williams commented on the 2017 catalogue:
“Our Horses-in-Training Sales have had an excellent season on the track, headlined by four Cheltenham Festival winners; Labaik, Tiger Roll, Un Temps Pour Tout and Supasundae. They are proof that our HIT sales are producing top class horses and we look forward to welcoming the NH fraternity to Doncaster for the Spring Sale – the end of NH season finale – starting with the Store Sale on Tuesday 23 May and the HIT/P2P Sale on 24 and 25 May.”
- Posted in: News